Job DescriptionCancer Biologist - Biotech - London
Are you PhD qualified with a background in Cancer Biology and interested in the opportunity to join one of the fastest growing Biotechs in the UK? We are seeking a Cancer Biologist to join the Pharmacology team of a heavily backed and successful Biotech in London to expand their internal capabilities and support the selection of preclinical drug candidates. Responsibilities:
- Perform laboratory-based work to contribute to the characterization of therapeutic antibodies and their mode of action using cell-based assays
- Analysis of literature, patent and public domain information relevant for new product candidates with the purpose of identifying opportunities and threats
- Evaluation and interpretation of study data generated internally and by outsourced CROs
- Prepare scientific documentation such as study reports, drafting material for inclusion in patents or for the purpose of regulatory filing, as well as external and internal communication
- Support the growing pipeline of new product candidates that will be developed into the clinic
- A PhD in Life Science is required, preferably in oncology or immunology
- Experience in cell based assays such as
- 2D/3D cell culture
- in vitro cytotoxicity
- flow cytometry
- Demonstrated competency in distilling large amounts of data in concise summaries focusing on the key findings and implications.
- Excellent written communication skills with direct experience in writing scientific academic papers, reports and presentations.
- Experience in cancer biology and/or immunology