Job DescriptionWe are seeking a laboratory chemist with expertise in analytical techniques to solve chemical problems. The ideal candidate would have a PhD. level education with emphasis on vibrational spectroscopy.
- Develop and implement analytical methods for the support of Albemarle’s functions such as R&D, manufacturing, customer services.
- Perform material characterization using vibrational spectroscopy methods, such as FTIR, RAMAN, NIR.
- Collaborate closely with the analytical team as much as other teams within Albemarle.
- Coordinate instrumentation installation, and maintenance.
- Plan and execute designs of experiments (DoEs).
- Maintain excellence in safety, health and environment practices.
- PhD. in Chemistry or related degree; experience in vibrational spectroscopy is a MUST.
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities.
- Highly organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interest in challenges of industrial analytical chemistry for a wide variety of products.