Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas Company, is seeking a Chemistry Laboratory Manager in Saudi Arabia. This will be a 1 year contract role starting ASAP with possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all assigned lab operations comply with health and safety guidelines.
- Ensuring all users operating within lab are properly trained for the tasks they are conducting.
- Planning and scheduling lab activities.
- Ensuring availability of all lab supplies and proper handling of lab waste, as well as the readiness of lab equipment including testing calibration and overall asset integrity.
- Ensuring proper asset management and thorough execution of MOC (management of change) within lab.
- Managing emergency response preparedness including supporting emergency crews during drills and emergency incidents.
- Maintaining a dashboard of operational, safety, and utilization KPI’s and reporting them regularly.
- Providing technical/operational advice and oversight to lab users throughout experiment design, planning, preparation and execution.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in setting up a new lab is preferred.
- Professional qualifications such as Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or equivalent are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering in a relevant field, preferably chemistry or chemical engineering. A relevant Master’s degree is a plus.