Job DescriptionGood Day!
NES Global Talent is calling all construction candidates in the Chicagoland area. Our office has recently acquired a new role to assist in the storm water construction overhaul in the city of Chicago. We are currently seeking a Construction Manager/Resident Engineer for this unique job opportunity. This individual would be employed on a contract basis and be part of the management team responsible for planning, coordinating, and implementing the project execution of a major storm water infrastructure project. If this sounds like a great opportunity for yourself or someone you know, please reach out to Tom Rebellato at email@example.com. Additional job details can be found below.
Location: Chicago, IL.
Hours: M-F—40 hours per week—some OT may be required.
Pay Range: $40-$55/hr. depending on experience.
Duration: Contract would begin ASAP and conclude 5/31/2021 with a possibility of going longer.
- Manage and coordinate all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitor and enforce compliance with subcontract requirements.
- Direct staff in the daily, weekly planning process. Supervise and mentor onsite contractors.
- Monitor and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance.
- Direct and approve the development and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
- Review and approve equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinate shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Report weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
- Directly responsible for the Division 8 labor charges, costs on direct hire projects and for the Construction Equipment budget.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience as a Construction Manager or Resident Engineer.
- Must have prior experience in storm water construction.
- Must have previous experience working with pump stations.
- Candidates with a project engineering background would be a plus.
- Candidates with a college degree in construction management or engineering would be a plus.
- Candidates local to the greater Chicago area only. No per diem or relocation offered.