Job holders at this level provide input and support to corporate development activities according to defined procedures and instructions, offering accurate and reliable analysis, while ensuring compliance to all internal/regulatory protocols.
The purpose of Corporate development Analysts in identifying industry trends, developing the company mergers and acquisitions (M&A) strategy and implementing its programs, including planning, structuring and execution of acquisitions, divestitures, equity investments and joint ventures, with the goal of ensuring that the transactions realize expected (or better) strategic and return benefits to the company.
Analysing throughout the investment lifecycle through supporting, evaluating and executing the acquisitions and divestments identified by the business groups and/or the investment teams. Job holders in this family conduct due diligence, develop financial valuation of targets, develop bid proposals including the funding and financial structures, formulate deal structures, and carry out negotiations up to deal closure..
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or any similar discipline
- MBA or equivalent post-graduate qualification in Finance, Management, or any similar discipline from a recognized University
- Relevant Professional Qualification in Finance (e.g. CFA) is highly preferable
- 0 to 2 years of experience in investment management
- Capability to apply basic financial modelling and analysis methodologies to support M&A transactions
- Good knowledge of M&A (including cross-border M&A) models, principles and practices
- Ability to run valuations using basic valuation methodologies and understand underlying assumptions/drivers
- Basic understanding of the Oilfield services sector and how companies (assets) in the sector operate and drive value
- Good organization and communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good analytical capabilities and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work under pressure and under tight deadlines