JOB TYPE: Direct Hire - Full time
LOCATION: Midland, TX NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas industry. Our client is looking to hire a Corrosion Engineer on a direct hire basis in Midland, TX. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Develop and maintain corrosion protection plans for non-regulated assets
- Provide recommendations to operational and support leadership team
- Assist corrosion personnel in establishing corrosion control priorities including alignment between operational tasks and corporate philosophy.
- Facilitate consistent application of Company corrosion control procedures across assigned area of company’s CO2 assets, especially upstream operations.
- Assist in the technical development and mentoring of operations-based corrosion control personnel through routine interactions and providing technical review and support.
- Support Corrosion Supervisors and Technicians as a subject matter expert on company standards and procedures, including, construction standards, and material requirements related to corrosion control.
- Participate in annual corrosion reviews including reviewing and feedback on the review report
- Provide technical expertise and assist in problem-solving to the field-based corrosion supervisors and corrosion technicians for complex corrosion control issues such as stray current, remedial actions, AC mitigation, atmospheric and underground coatings, electrical isolation, above-ground surveys such as close-interval survey, DCVG and ACVG, design for specialized or complex cathodic protection systems, and internal corrosion monitoring programs.
- Review and provide feedback on remedial action mitigation plans resulting from in-line inspections, cathodic protection surveys, close interval surveys, and internal corrosion inspections to assist in assuring development of cost effective solutions consistent with corporate philosophy.
- Perform corrosion control failure analysis to determine root-cause working in conjunction with company metallurgists and laboratory personnel, and develop remediation plans.
- ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of BS in an Engineering discipline education, with at least 10 years of in-depth corrosion control experience and working knowledge of field operations.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform job description requirements including those identified above.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Position requires working with various management levels and departments to achieve reliability results. Accomplished public speaking skills in formal situations for large audiences. Must have excellent writing skills with the ability to write concise technical reports, specifications and work instructions.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and good driving record.