Job DescriptionOur client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Cost Control Specialist for a 1 year contract in Chatham, ON.
Provides cost control support to project management teams by:
• Daily and weekly tracking and reconciliation of project costs based on source documents in accordance with System Improvement processes and procedures.
• Review, code and track invoices to ensure accuracy and proper cost allocation to the project WBS.
• Update the project cost tracker from multiple sources (Oracle/SAP, invoices, PO, vendor emails, etc.) • Review costs billed to the project and follow-up with the project management team, Finance, Third Parties or other stakeholders when discrepancies arise.
• Perform monthly accruals and affiliate billing as needed.
• Arrange weekly Project Controls meeting and take meeting minutes.
• Providing capital cost control, variance analysis and reporting requirements for multiple complex and multi-disciplined System Improvement projects.
• Prepare reports and presentations for and provide support to project management team members and stakeholders regarding the cost status of their respective project budgets.
• Keep track of Scope Changes and manage the change log.
• Ensuring that cost control processes are applied in the execution of their project activities.
• Working closely with the project manager and the Finance department and liaise with other project stakeholders for cost-related responsibilities.
• Ensuring relevant information is captured from projects to allow benchmarking.
Provides operational support and leadership by:
• Communicating and working effectively with a varying set of stakeholders on a regular basis.
• Supporting project organization by identifying innovative solutions to project controls problems.
• Coordinating associated administrative matters, e.g., documentation, files, standards and regulations etc.
• Working with the assigned project management team to provide updates to Management • Adapt strategies, when necessary, to meet the needs of projects managed by the department.
• Ensuring each project team leverages the cost processes in the execution of their project management activities.
• Other duties as assigned
• Related university degree or previous field operations experience, OR mix of formal education and experience
• Thorough understanding of Distribution Operations procedures and policies.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
• Demonstrate effective working relationships with peers and internal/external customers
• Thorough knowledge of various computer software programs including spreadsheet and word processor • Excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Project Management Professional designation, AACE certification, and/or Professional Engineering designation are assets
• Advanced working knowledge of related Microsoft Office software, company financial systems, enterprise structure and standard operating procedures, etc.
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize workload and resolve issues in a timely manner
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form. This includes the ability to effectively interact with peers, internal and external stakeholders.
• Share core values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.