Job DescriptionOur client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Data and Document Delivery Consultant for a 1 year contract in Calgary, AB.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
The primary purpose of this position is to supplement existing Information Management (IM) team capacity to progress on the ground corporate and project value associated to quality, effective, and efficient Information Management.
The top accountabilities of this role:
- Support the delivery of Information Management ( Data & Documents ) for the Project and the corporate Venture;
- Ensure the adherence to Project and Venture specifications and procedures as they pertain to the Company and Contractor(s) delivery; and
- Enable more value through continuous improvement, process simplification and quality assurance.
- Ensuring Contractor(s) adherence to Company defined Specifications and Procedures (timely delivery, quality assurance, Company reviews); updating as required based on agreed Contractor(s) clarifications;
- Supporting the project teams and the corporate Venture in the delivery of Company internal documentation;
- Improving and ensuring adherence to: Company Data and Document procedures for ongoing transmittal, progressive data and document quality control, correspondence, and archiving procedures;
- Overseeing the Data and Document Team’s management of team working areas, controlled documents, uncontrolled documents, informal sharing, and extranet sharing;
- Driving improvements within Data & Document Control and broader IM scope through leadership, standards, behaviors, and innovation using IM solutions (SPO/SPF/SharePoint, etc.); and
- Support delivery strategy to next project phase / Operations.
This position is within the Venture IMIT team which supports the project teams and the corporate venture. This challenging role has the following dimensions:
- Provide local leadership (co-leadership, supplementing the formal Lead based in Japan) to the project data & document controllers across multiple locations around the World (team size ~15 including remote high value locations) who are supporting staff at 5 locations globally;
- Optimize and simplify data & document control activities and services across the Venture, multiple locations, and multiple projects
- Working and communicating effectively in a highly virtualized environment in a geographically diverse and multicultural team;
- Mentoring various disciplines on the Capital Project to ensure they follow the information specifications and the standards;
- Work in a fast moving, rapidly changing and dynamic environment of a mega flagship Capital Project;
- Help champion the successful use of novelties (SPO/ SPF/Brava) to help realize simplification and business benefits related to effective and efficient data & document management and control.
Skills & Requirements:
- Technical and Business Skills:
- Substantial experience in Information Management in Capital Projects; previous experience in both Document & Data Management is preferred;
- Experience working with Engineering Data Warehouse (EDW) systems;
- Experience working with SmartPlant Foundation as a document and/or data management tool;
- Working experience with Data, Document, and Correspondence tools (SPO/SPF, SharePoint, Procon, etc.);
- Breadth and depth of knowledge of cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes within project teams;
- Sound understanding of IM Information Management Specifications and Procedures
- Knowledge of Records Management principles and implementation methods;
- Strong Computer skills with skill level experience in using Company standard document control and document management systems and using (at least some of) project reporting software such as PowerBI, Crystal, Business Objects, MS Access, and Excel is essential;
- Good working knowledge of the Project Data Control and relevant processes;
- Education and Work History
- A university degree in Engineering, Science or Information Technology or equivalent;
- 5+ years experience working on a Major Capital project in an IM related roles;
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Willingness to take ownership and motivate team to deliver combined with willingness to perform hands-on work;
- Experience working with a geographically diverse team;
- A high degree of skill in written and oral communications;
- Strong influencing skills, including virtually;
- Ability to work flex hours to accommodate various locations.