Essential:- Strong Office 365 experience and experience of working on large desktop support projects. ITIL V3 Foundation
Desktop Support Engineer Responsibilities:
Log or update all IT enquiries that reach you (by phone, email, IM, or in person etc) in the central ticketing system. Ensure that tickets are updated daily, unless there is an agreement evidenced for them to be on hold for a specific time period. Desktop Support Engineer to provide technical desktop & application support to staff in person on site, or to remote workers as required. Undertake technical troubleshooting & research issues with the relevant manufacturers or vendors as required. Escalate tickets that require help from other resolvers in order to deliver best practice customer service or to achieve Service Levels of Agreement (SLA). Be involved in both reactive & problem management of customer IT issues in line with best practices. Contribute to Problem Record documents & conference calls as required. Comply with the requirements of the project controls processes eg Change Request documents & CAB meetings as required
Desktop Support Engineer to take ownership of work required on site to create & support processes for:
- Incident Management
- Service Request Fulfilment
- Procurement & Licensing
- Asset & configuration management,
- New starter & leaver processes in conjunction with any HR / Facilities requirements.
- Desk or office moves,
- Supervising IT contractors when on site,
- Completing periodic audits (of security, or equipment or for regulatory purposes),
- Hardware or software roll outs or upgrades to individuals,
- Desk side patch management
- Ad hoc project implementations as required by our Professional Services division.
- Certificates in Microsoft Windows OS (Windows 2000 > Windows 7) & server administration is preferable.
- Office 365
- Comprehensive hardware knowledge including mobile devices.
- Active Directory, Exchange & Back Up Software Administration.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications (ideally Office 2010 onwards).
- Experience of network & software patching.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certificate or higher is mandatory.
Virtualisation (VMWare & Hyper-V)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK