The Digital Data Designer will work within the Enterprise Technology Solutions team, you will be a key partner working with Consumer Marketing Insights & Media to deliver data-based analytical insights to their brands & categories. The Digital Data Designer is a skilled role for candidates that who have experience with data exploitation, digital tagging, data modelling, technical data structures, data governance & compliance.
- Data Exploration, discovery & analysis of new data sources
- Consult with business teams regarding their requests on data discovery, reporting & analytics in order to define projects & support end-user requirements.
- Have a deep understanding of data technology in the perplexing landscape of digital marketing; where the data is stored, how it flows & how it can be accessed & analysed: i.e. mapping data sources at market level (end to end). 1st / 2nd / 3rd party data. Outline complete data capture points at market level (e.g. websites, 3rd parties)
- Assess potential risks associated with data flows
- Define/create a model for data insights which can be re-used/repeated across markets
- Ensuring alignment of consumer data models with other programmes/functions, such as finance data, market share data, etc.
- Building robust, efficient, sustainable data models, balancing short-term needs with long-term availability of data (i.e. considering ‘good enough’ for customer requests vs. ‘best’ in longer term)
- Providing subject matter expertise on data tools
- Champion data modelling & data managemento provide ongoing recommendations for data driven business decisions.
- Communicate with &, when required, provide oversights to data suppliers when necessary to deliver accurate & timely services to the business.
- Champion the use of data-driven analysis within the organisation, showcasing the value of integrating multiple data sources ultimately to educate internal business analysts on making the most efficient use of the capabilities available.
- Confident use of & ability to communicate to others about complex data in a way that is easily understood & inspire confidence in business stakeholders & senior management.
- Experience delivering small-medium scale analytical projects in an organisation.
- Detail-oriented with a deep understanding of tools, master data & data alignment
- Substantial business experience
- Critical thinker with numeric background (degree or relevant)
- Experience in working with marketing teams, understanding their key objectives with a view on the use of analytics can help drive the right decisions.
- Awareness of digital marketing technology landscape, especially around data flows & tracking methodologies.
- Comfortable working with technology consultants, both in a strategic & tactical context.
- Exposure to unstructured data & methodologies for analysing it in a meaningful way.
- Experience in working with tools in social/digital marketing such as Google Analytics, social media listening tools.
- Exposure to Big Data/Hadoop technologies with some experience in Hive, Spark.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK