Job DescriptionOur client, a Major Oil and Gas Operator based in Perth, Western Australia, is currently looking for a Digital Engineer to join them in a contract until the end of the year. This is an office based role in Perth.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provision of an efficient, cost effective and coordinated Facilities Engineering design service
- Act as the Information Management focal point to ensure that the integrity of information is maintained as the operating asset is modified, including identification of affected documents and data to support the change
- Work with engineering contractor and Discipline Engineering to execute back-drafting to ensure clean, consistent and accurate information to Operations including both process safety information (PSI) and non-PSI deliverables such as Instrument Index, Loop diagram, cable schedule, Isometric etc.
- Allocate tag numbers for new equipment required as part of brownfield projects and management of change activities and issue them to the Engineering Data Warehouse
- Create redline markups as per facility changes and issue them to the document management system and Engineering Data Warehouse
- QA/QC verification activities including monitoring and auditing to support information completeness and integrity
- Contribute to regular governance activities for FE information collections and FE IM tools/processes
- Minimum 10 years Oil and Gas experience
- Understanding of the Operations Engineering Change/Plant process and associated information management principles
- Ability to read/interpret technical engineering information and identify information changes as a result of facility changes
- Working knowledge of all aspects of design including installation details, instrument location plans, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams and 3-D modelling
- Understanding of operation and limitations of CAD and engineering systems (e.g. SPI, SPPIPD, PDMS etc)
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of change management, training, coaching and support services