Job DescriptionDirector of Operations (Sensory) – Contract – 12 months - London
I am currently recruiting a Director of operations for a large global consumer health care company for their head office based in London.
The Director of Operations for Sensory and Product Understanding will take on the role of leading and managing all operational aspects of the Sensory and Product Understanding Team.
The role will manage all day to day operations of the team including managing team meetings, SOP revisions, CAPA development and completion; management monitoring, budget management etc, consumer sensory lab oversight etc
In this role, the Director of Operations for Sensory and Product Understanding will be responsible for the day to day management of all process for the Global Sensory and Product Understanding team supporting the S&PU lead
The Director of Operations will need to work with all global memebrs of the S&PU team and with key partners (eg Procurement, QA, Audit and Assurance, Finance, R&D Operations etc)
Other Key responsibilities include:
- Manages the SOPS, templates and associated work instructions, owns the training and deployment of the SOPs
- Runs team meetings (S&PU 2 x monthly, Sensory Innovation 1 x monthly, Consumer Innovation 1 x monthly) ensure agendas developed meetings summarized and filed
- Owns and runs management monitoring of S&PU processes
- Develops Good Lab Practices and associated documentation for all Consumer Sensory Labs
- Owns project trackers, ensures tracker up to date
- Runs the budget for S&PU; manages the 3:1 process, ensures up to date quotes for all activities and gain input from all team members. Provide quarterly updates with Finance
- Supports all other non-research activities for the team
- Proactively works with manager to ensure that all systems are working to their optimum potential and identified risks as they arise and mitigation plans
- Will own risk management within S&PU and all risk mitigation plans
- Manages all finances for Contract Workers and Statement of Work workers
- Thinks strategically and provides recommendations and decisions which have a major impact on project plans.
- Thinks innovatively for better, more efficient ways of doing things. Actively looks to eliminate non-value-added steps out of processes and procedures
- Identify and select Sensory CRO partners, and challenge and inspire the SCRO to achieve the business results.
- Manage learning plans from the team
The Successful Applicant
- Degree qualified
- Knowledge of the R&D process and associated commercial environment
- Competency to lead large, complex, global teams with track record of on time delivery of multiple initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;