Job DescriptionOur client, a global oilfield services company, is currently looking to hire a number of Drilling Fluids Engineers for an upcoming busy period of work. The roles will operate on an ad hoc basis throughout 2018. Candidates must have necessary certification for working offshore.
- Provide onsite services by measuring, testing and supervising the mixing and pumping of drilling and completion fluids
- Provide technical analysis and specific recommendations for controlling fluids properties and maintaining fluids specifications
- Monitor the rig’s mud equipment for functioning efficiency and inform company representatives of any shortcomings
- Responsible for completing Daily Mud Reports and carrying out Hydraulics calculations, if required
- Ensure accurate Inventory of fluids and chemicals is maintained
- Demonstrate an understanding of the application, limitations and treatments of all products used in drilling and completion fluids
- Understanding of benefits and performance attributes and requirements for the use of Water Based and Invert Emulsion fluid systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all aspects of horizontal/extended reach drilling
- Show understanding of well control operations
- Maintain mud testing equipment and mud laboratory in a clean and safe working environment
- Maintain contact with the appropriate Fluids Co-ordinator and Operations Department onshore
- Ensure that handover notes are completed at the end of each shift and prior to departure from the rig and that the predecessor’s handover notes are read prior to starting a shift and on arrival at the rigsite. All handover notes are to be kept on file
- Ensure the rig has appropriate Safety Data Sheets and inform rig crew of potential hazards of contact with chemicals
- Participate in rig Safety systems and initiatives and attend safety meetings and toolbox talks as required by the operator