Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are pleased to be recruiting for a dynamic E.R / I.R Advisor to join a major Oil & Gas Operator in Brisbane, paying a competitive daily rate on a 12 month contract.
Proactively manage and enable a healthy ER/IR environment in country, using data to identify emerging ER/IR trends and define mitigations for potential future risks.
- Support the development and implementation of ER/IR strategies to ensure business continuity and defend license to operate.
- Support the country ER/IR strategic planning process and deliver specific ER/IR outcomes consistent with that plan, whilst bringing a preventative approach to the proactive identification and management of workplace ER/IR operational matters.
- Lead the management of operational ER/IR matters, with support from the Country ER/IR Manager.
- Support the IR management of third party contractors, including the review and implementation of Industrial Relations Management Plans (IRMPs).
- Develop and implementation ER / IR risk assessments.
- Coach other HR professionals in the investigation and management of complex individual cases.
- Provide day to day ER/IR advice to line managers while ensuring their ER/IR competences are developed in the process.
- Under the guidance of the ER/IR Manager, develop and implement strategies to support the resolution of ER/IR queries including complex HR case management, grievance resolution, workplace investigations, performance management, reorganisations and disciplinary matters.
- Drive the D&I agenda in a way relevant to local inclusion requirements and wider country context.
- Manage relationships with local staff representative bodies, including union representatives.
- Subject matter expert in country-specific ER/IR legislation, regulations, directives, practices, and processes working with HR stakeholders and other lines of business.
HR professionalism – protect our license to operate.
- Country ER/IR Advisors should be the experts on employee engagement, industrial relations and complex case management.
- Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER/IR environment.
- Organisational health/capability diagnostic and design skills.
- Strong diagnostic and evaluation skills - able to distil key themes and value drivers from complex and sometimes conflicting data and insights.
- Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of stakeholders.
- Subject matter expertise in the Australian ER/IR framework, legislation & regulations.
- Strong coaching and influencing skills.
- Proactive and solution-based mindset.
- Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization and business stakeholders).