Job DescriptionEngineering Services Head
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant years’ engineering experience preferably within the oil and gas industry at a senior supervisory level with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, Subsea pipelines, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
- Provide engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance, leadership and expertise in the resolution of problems using precedent, Company and industry standards and acquired personal knowledge to meet project deliverables.
- Apply Project Management System principles and standards to provide guidance and deliver effective documentation. Review and recommend improvements to key engineering practices and procedures as required to ensure smooth project execution.
- Liaise with Engineering Manager ensuring alignment on project engineering needs, objectives and requirements. Review and implement improvement opportunities to reduce turnaround time for document reviews and enhance the quality of engineering deliverables.
- Responsible for Engineering Services schedule and related milestones, provide data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Develop and monitor project engineering budgets ensuring all activities are funded in order to successfully meet the project deliverables. Monitor, investigate and reconcile any significant variances as necessary including resolution of contractor claims.
- Manage EPC Contractor’s engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence to project’s change management program, objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes. Validate contractor capability to provide all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommend additional support, as required, to address gaps.
- Conduct risk based evaluation of complex technical issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution and manage the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all purchase orders for related contracts.
- Cooperate with review teams and supports post-audit activities, with responsibility for sharing, capturing and communicating engineering lessons learned.
- Lead the Master Data Register (MDR) including creation and approval, with responsibility for the planning and scheduling engineering deliverables to enable efficient project execution.