We are currently looking for an Engineering Systems support officer to help increase Engineering effectiveness by supporting, improving, standardising, and documenting our business systems and processes. You will be supporting plant based Engineers in the management of their systems, documentation, and compliance as well as looking as ways of improving the engineering IT systems.
This role will suit either an experienced engineering systems proffesional or a graduate engineer with a keen interest in this area.
- A strong level of knowledge and experience in an Engineering environment
- A good level of knowledge of IT tools used in Engineering, in particular SAP knowledge would be advantageous
- A good level of knowledge of Microsoft Office tools – In particular; Advanced Excel functions, MS Word & MS SharePoint
- Ability to read & comprehend Engineering Line Diagrams and Documentation
- Problem Solving Techniques (RCA, Fishbones, 5 Why’s) and how/when to use them
- Operational Excellence/Lean Techniques – 5S, Standard Work, A3’s
- Compliance and Quality procedures, methods and audits
- Maintain, improve and standardise the static data within SAP, ensuring consistency of use throughout the engineering process.
- Ownership and collation of the Weekly/Monthly Measures of Performance (MoPs) data to drive improved performance and standards within Engineering.
- Sustain, exploit, improve and support as appropriate the Engineering Information Systems including electronic, paper and processes.
- Working with all functions to understand what engineering data, and documents our engineering processes require and ensure they are easily/ intuitively accessible and secure
- Working with Engineers, develop and maintain Routine Maintenance (RM) documents, Job Method Sheets (JMS) and other plant engineering related documentation in order to capture corporate knowledge and standardise processes. Ensure adherence through effective measurement/MoPs.
- Provide data collation and facilitation for Risk Based Inspection & Ageing Plant Studies and Sustenance Reviews, using a varied range of data sources (Aprotec/Prime-Serve/PI Sheets/ SAP-PM).
- To provide data relating to Energy/Emissions tracking to the relevant internal and external auditing bodies. Participating and preparing for audits of this data to the regulators.
- Provide support in the generation of meaningful reports for financial analysis of maintenance budgets / spend. Provide procurement and expediting support for Engineering items.
This is a really interesting and unique opportunity to join a global manufacturing business in the heart of their site engineering function. You will play a key role in the development of the site over the next few years.
We are able to offer a long term contract, great rates of pay and flexible working hours. If this is the challenge for you, please get in touch as soon as possible!