Arguably the most exciting opportunity you will find being advertised in the sales arena for a long time.
After a significant and strategic restructure, one of the UK’s leading building materials manufacturer’s is in need of a Filed Sales Manager for one of their longer standing business units in the north of England. This business has a long line of presence and success in the market, but are eager to be forward thinking and remain ahead of the game by adjusting the way the sales team thinks and acts.
The interesting part – industry experience is NOT on the essential or desirable skill list; but out and out sales and management skills are. This role has been purposefully designed to enrol the very best sales person/manager on the market, who can develop business, manage large customer accounts, improve and mentor a sales team, and strategically analyse the market place to extract that extra bit more of revenue.
First class training is on hand to bring you up to speed with their market place, products and services, customers, sales process and business strategy; ready to unleash you on your team and begin to do what you do best…. Sales!
What will be expected from you
- You will be managing a team of up to 5 field based sales people, and possibly also inherit some large key accounts to manage
- Frequently travelling within your region to support and mentor the team
- Working closely with commercial and production to ensure business strategy is aligned
- Successfully construct and implement process for successful business development
- Accurate forecasting and budgeting within P&L guidelines
- Identifying and organise attendance of relevant trade shows
- And of course attention to detail, spotting the requirement to adapt management styles or your sales approach
- Consistent success in managing a sales team
- To be strategically aware – spotting potential gaps in the market for new sale wins
- Have demonstrable revenue growth within a team of sales people or key accounts
- A very determined attitude, a passionate work ethic and who will push the business on
- A natural leader with the a flair to influence and encourage a remote sales team
- Someone who is financially capable, reporting, P&L, forecasting etc.
- And be willing to travel frequently with the sales team and other business duties
- Up to £65,000 salary
- Generous bonus
- Company Car
- Mobile Phone
- Home Based
Field Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, National Sales Manager, Business Manager, Commercial Manager, Regional Manager, Sales Director, Regional Manager, General Manager, direct reports, team management, external team, field based, team mentor, business development, account management