A manufacturing and servicing company in Qatar is looking to bring on a Field Service Engineer who will be responsible for pre-defined operation, installation, maintenance, testing, adjustment, troubleshooting and technical assistance based on good engineering, manufacturing, installation and operation practices as applicable to upstream oil exploration/production equipment (Wellheads, Valves, Connectors & Piping, Trees, Hangers, Chokes, etc.) and in accordance with contractual work scope requirements with the Customer. The incumbent will be working with the Operations Manager and the Site Service Supervisor.
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, manuals, and other specifications to determine installation procedures.
- Installs or supervise installation of equipment according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Consults with engineering personnel to resolve problems in system operation and maintenance.
- Must be able to work and supervise the workers in assembly, testing, and adjusting equipment to obtain optimum operating performance both in the field and in the workshop.
- Must inform or advise management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
- Provide written reports to the Site Services Supervisor on all activities carried out on site and complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Must always maintain at all times the safe working practices on site and to report any breaches of environmental, health & safety matters to the Site Services Supervisor.
- Maintain the required documentation, i.e. As Built Drawings, Site Reports, Time Sheets, Analysis Reports, Punch Lists, Etc.
- Ensure that materials, tools and equipment provided to you to carry out your work are kept safe, secure and in good order. Ensure all tools and equipment are relevant, up to date and calibrated in accordance with the required standards
- Assures all equipment, service tooling and spare parts are arranged and brought to the location and ready to use and function fit prior to beginning of each job.
- Record critical dimensions to ensure assembly will work and review the product running procedures.
- Must provide Project Support as required, for all new projects which includes attending design review for equipment and tools, reviewing installation procedures, assisting with project Factory Acceptance Tests and reviewing project training requirements for other service personnel.
- Maintains communication with Company Representative and Customer on issues including job procedures, spare parts requirements, function fit and critical dimension measurements.
- Provides sales support through quality customer interface and keeps customer fully informed of all aspects of the job. A strong customer relationship to be maintained through a positive, proactive & professional approach.
- Handles customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Completes Field Non-Conformance Reports (FNCR) forms as product problems are encountered. Assures all equipment and procedural defects are communicated back to Company Service Management.
- Train young technicians/engineers, for installing, and maintaining wellheads, X-mas trees & valves..
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO QATAR BASED CANDIDATES