LOCATION: Pasadena, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client a downstream operator is looking to hire Fixed Equipment Engineer Sr. on a direct hire basis in Pasadena, TX.
- Work in a safe manner and promote safety in all aspects of work responsibilities, including safety in design of equipment and operator access.
- Collaborate with plant site teams, inspection groups, and equipment vendors to drive improvements in fixed equipment mean time between failure, fostering use of best practices
- Provide ASME BPVC design support for new or existing equipment and rerates/alterations
- Provide FEA design support for stress analysis needs as required
- Provide training and knowledge sharing of best practices throughout the company
- Collaborate with capital project team and EPC for FEL 2 and FEL 3 support of capital project work scopes as assigned, such as fixed equipment mechanical specification development and reviews, inspection test plan reviews for fabricators, spare parts reviews, life cycle cost and FMEA reviews, and preventative maintenance programs to ensure asset reliability
- Provide fixed equipment asset reliability strategy for development of Reliability Centered Maintenance programs through the use of predictive, preventive maintenance, and condition based monitoring
- Practice and drive root cause failure analysis when needed, collaboratively across the Corporation
- Facilitate equipment modifications and root cause failure analyses with vendors & consultants
- Identify and document cost reductions and mechanical service factor improvements, along with safety and environmental improvements
- Facilitate development and coordination of fixed equipment inspection plans for use during equipment fabrication and testing
- Foster a reliability-centered approach and lowest lifespan cost mentality within capital projects
- Ability to manage multiple sub-projects with varied priorities, and track all technical support projects with an historical filing system
- 8-10 years of Fixed-equipment maintenance and reliability engineering experience in Chemical Process industry or similar
- Proven experience with detailed aspects of fixed equipment design, operation, maintenance, and preventative maintenance, along with knowledge of associated industry codes and standards for design, material selection and safety features.
- Proven expertise with ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code (Section VII), ASME Piping Codes (B31.3), API 579 Fitness for Service code, and OSHA Part 1910 (as it applies to the chemical industry)
- Proven expertise with ASME code calculation software packages and FEA software packages
- Knowledge and experience with material of construction selection for materials typically used in the Chemical Process Industry, along with typical corrosion damage mechanisms
- Knowledge and experience with different types of process equipment, such as pressure vessels, tanks, heat exchangers, compressors, and pumps
- Root Cause Failure Analysis training and experience
- Proven experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance practices, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Criticality Ranking, and similar Asset Management Strategies
- Ability to work in a team environment to drive work scope to completion to meet asset reliability improvements, cost improvements, and OEE improvement targets and schedule