Job DescriptionTAX FREE Contractual Job Opportunity for an experienced GIS Surveyor to be based in Qatar by a leading operating oil and gas company.
- Experienced Surveyor responsible for carrying out field survey work for geodetic surveys, topographical surveys, buried utilities mapping, settlement monitoring, well staking and GIS data collection.
- Will also participate in planning and executing survey work to reflect the field changes in Corporate Geographic Information System.
- Shall also be responsible for preparation / review of survey scope for projects and method statements for various survey works mentioned above, supervision / inspection of Contractor’s survey works, review and approval of project survey reports and deliverables, setting out and carrying out positional / dimensional checks for construction projects to ensure that construction is carried out as per Approved for Construction (AFC) drawings.
- Shall have a high level of working knowledge and experience in order to advise on surveying and mapping issues.
- Shall provide technical guidance for in-house and outsourced projects to ensure survey methodologies and procedures proposed are fit for purpose and will produce accurate and relevant data. Shall review technical aspects of tenders which relate to surveying and mapping activities, to identify and assess / evaluate technical strength of Contractors.
- Shall be responsible for developing and maintaining standards and procedures to ensure quality of survey work that meets requirements.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in surveying, of which 5 years should be in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Academic qualification: Bachelor Degree in Surveying or Equivalent.
- Must have good communication skills in order to interface and work effectively with discipline engineers and contractors, both on site and in the office.
- The candidate shall have good health condition fit for working in offshore / oil and gas process areas.
- Excellent working knowledge of field surveying equipment (Total Station, GPS, Electromagnetic underground detectors) and related survey software, AutoCAD and ArcGIS suite of GIS software.
- Shall be well versed in processing survey data in Trimble Business Center and producing topographic survey AutoCAD drawings and / or maps using ArcGIS software.