Salary: £Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Our client is a leading global provider of integrated transportation, storage and distribution solutions for chemicals and other bulk-liquid products.
The Global Manager Business Applications will be uniquely positioned to translate business needs into IT solutions, and IT developments into business opportunities. He/she will have the expertise but also the skills to build a cross-functional team, keep people connected and engaged and create a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
- Interpreting business requirements at strategic and tactical levels to best support the business.
- Manage and ensure that all systems are integrated & interoperable and that operational configuration changes and updates are supported and implemented into the system timely, accurately and as per the specifications
- Review and analyze existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Provide consulting support on processes and systems issues and the review, acquisition, and implementation of new application
- Oversee the plan, design and test of Disaster Recovery Procedure for Business Application Systems to support business continuity, minimize risk and lost when needed.
- Manage and prioritize resources of the Business Applications team, development and support team
- University and/or Master’s degree in General Management or Business Administration
- Proven experience as Business Application Manager or similar managerial role
- Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure
- Background in designing/developing IT systems and planning IT implementation
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be preferred
- Experience with Software development management in the Shipping Industry
- Knowledge of change management principles and proven ability to support and motivate staff