I am looking for a Epidemiologist to work for a landmark organisation in Sydney, offering the chance to develop and implement methods for analyisng complex and large data sets in the medical / clinical arena.
Why work for this company?
This is an opportunity to work on a program that is aiming to increase and improve understanding of how health information is used in Australia. The company is a major player and has an excellent reputation for their products, programs and services to ultimately achieve better health outcomes.
Benefits of working at the company:
- Excellent Salary packaging options
- Valued staff with excellent training on offer and a clear path to promotions from within
- Collaborative culture and supportive team environment
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Develop appropriate pharmaco-epidemiological methods and SAS programs to analyse data sets
- Develop methods to monitor and assess and improve data quality.
- Contribute to development of research program(s) in areas of clinical trials, epidemiology, biostatistics and health services research.
- Collaborate in research projects
- Develop grant applications to support research activities in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams.
- Publish high quality research papers in leading scientific journals.
- Undertake collaborative research, including the provision of study design and statistical support to research partners.
- Design, conduct and analyse data from clinical trials and large multinational longitudinal primary care databases.
- Act as Project Statistician on various clinical trials and non-trial projects with responsibility for all statistical tasks on assigned projects.
Do you have what it takes?
- Postgaduate qualifications in a relevant discipline (Biostatistics, Data Science, Epidemiology)
- Strong methodological background in the fields of clinical trials, clinical epidemiology and clinical biostatistics.
- Strong statistical programming skills, with programming expertise in SAS Software.
- Experience in the interpretation of large complex health data sets.
- Demonstrated experience with statistical analyses including interpretation and presentation of results.
- Excellent organisation skills, including the ability to set priorities, manage time, plan work to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports and manuscripts for publication in clinical and scientific journals and to interact verbally with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and effectively within a team, including national and international collaborators.
- Proactivity and willingness to learn new analytical techniques and methods to address project needs.
- High level computer Literacy
What is the best way to secure this role?
To apply for this role please send your most recent resume. Most importantly, please make sure your resume clearly highlights relevancy to the above requirements.
Apply for this job online via the link or send your resume directly to Leah Morgan by emailing leah.morgan @ nesgt.com . Confidential enquiries can be made by calling Leah on 02 9696 8008.