Job DescriptionHard Services Engineer
£30,000 - £37,000
Involvement in both planned maintenance and day-to-day reactive work to support operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Areas of responsibility to include:
- Completion of maintenance activities and associated paperwork/support other departments where applicable.
- Issue identification/prevention
- Execute essential central maintenance and assist Hard Services Supervisor in coordinating with other trades/contractors as required.
- To maximise equipment availability and lifespan in order to support site operations as efficiently as possible
- To ensure the site adheres to all relevant compliances with current legislation including: Electricity at Work Regulations (IEE), HASAWA, COSHH, PUWER, GMP, GDP, GEP, Orange Guide Policies & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Project management ensuring all paperwork is in place including Change controls (CC), Risk assessments and method statements (RAMS)
- To assist the Engineering Manager in implementing and monitoring all aspects of electrical work on site including, portable appliance and fixed wiring testing & compliance to the current (IEE) regulations.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences
- To ensure the sites calibration records and equipment are serviced.
- To oversee Contractors working onsite, ensuring Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) are in place and to issue work permits.
- Ensure that all works carried out are accurately recorded onto the Coswin planned preventative maintenance (PPM) database and in a timely manner.
- To ensure an acceptable level of housekeeping is maintained throughout the site, making recommendations accordingly
- To provide holiday/sickness cover as required supporting business needs
- To treat all information as confidential to the organisation.
- To report activities and achievements to Engineering Manager
- Qualified electrical or mechanical engineer Ideally educated to HND/C level
- Proven track record of facilities engineering
- Semi-developed management skills, with some experience in team supervision
- Project management experience
- Excellent understanding of GMP legislation
- Sound knowledge of The Electricity at Work Regulations, HASAWA, COSHH, PUWER, GMP, GDP,GEP
- Office core hours 0800 – 1630, 7.5hrs working day + lunch break.
- Flexible – depending on projects delivery deadlines.