The position will be hired on a contract basis initially of 6 months with the view to extend, the extension will depend on performance in the role.
We are looking for candidates for Perth based and FIFO out of Perth on a 2:1 roster.
In line with our client requirement applications from outside of WA will not be considered at this stage.
The role will include these key responsibilities:
- Providing assistance and advice to the HSE Manager, and site managers and supervisors.
- Liaise with client representatives and external bodies to identify correct safety requirements and standards.
- Identify hazards, establish suitable controls, assist and implement procedures set by HSE Management.
- Review the HSE management systems and practices, in line with account operational requirements and client HSE management system requirements.
- Assist and investigate serious incidents, develop reports and deliver recommendations to Management for review.
- Assist in the induction of new employees on HSE responsibilities.
- Review all safety related incidents and monitor Incident Investigation Reports with attention to detail and follow up.
- Conduct audits and regular inspections to ensure compliance with HSE requirements.
- Co-ordinate and monitor the work environment, through measurement of various hazards. Under reasonable direction undertake any other duties within your capabilities.
- 3-5 years of experience in Safety, with at least a year in of that experience in exploration.
- Previous Driller/Offsider experience will be highly regarded.
- Tertiary Health & Safety Qualifications.
- Certificate IV Training & Assessment (or TAE).
- Current Applied First Aid Certificate.
- Current 4WD Ticket.
- Current Confined Space Entry and Working at Heights certificates.
- Current HR Driver’s License.
- Demonstrated experience in similar previous roles in mining & exploration.
- Hold excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills with prior knowledge of HSE Management Systems and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of the company.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise own workload and work without supervision.
- Ability to meet deadlines through excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Be physically fit and able to pass a pre-employment medical and D & A.