Our client, a global professional services business who operate across the oil and gas, power, mining & resources industries are looking to expand their business due to urgent need from a partnered global mining operator based in WA.
Looking to recruit a site based, part-time HSE Advisor who is responsible for Governance and Assurance activities within the Corporate HSE team as well as providing HSE support to projects and contracts when required.
- Contribute to the business operations and future directions of the HSE department by providing input and recommendations relating to HSE strategy, planning, policies and systems.
- Responsible for the implementation of the action plan to achieve alignment of accreditation to AS 4801, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
- Responsible for the review and implementation of the Drug and Alcohol Misuse standard for the client.
- Oversee and Support the client Building HSE Committees structure and performance.
- Provide HSE support to the contract and the associated projects
- Build and maintain effective relationships both internally and externally to enable and support contribution to the development and implementation of HSE strategy and measurement.
- A Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety or equivalent qualification
- Thorough understanding of current OHS legislation and a proven ability to pragmatically apply this knowledge in an engineering/project management environment
- Able to develop and deliver HSE training, develop high quality HSE management plans, facilitate HSE Risk Assessments, undertake Root Cause Analysis where required, lead HSE audits, undertake HSE observations
- Strong understanding of the mining and metals, construction industry and relevant legislation
- Effective time management, planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- A proactive approach to Health, safety and the Environment
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Able to develop close working relationships with customers and stakeholders