Job DescriptionNES Global Talent are partnering with leading company in the Renewable Energy sector. And as such we are now seeking an experienced HV Superintendent for a new Solar Farm project based in Western Downs region QLD
Working on a Monday to Friday roster, this is a residential position offered on a 12 month contract basis.
Please note, this is not a FIFO or DIDO role, nor is there a relocation package on offer.
Therefore the ideal candidate will currently be residing in the Western Downs region QLD, or be willing to relocate themselves there.
- Report to the Construction Manager, HV Superintendent will be the first point of contact in managing the electrical works of the Solar Farm. As the HV Superintendent, will also be responsible for overseeing and leading construction activities and sub-contractors when the Construction Manager is off.
- The purpose of this role is to provide HV engineering expertise. Reporting to the Construction Manager helping manage the construction and contractual requirements.
- Be responsible of the execution of the HV & substation works in the project.
- Work to make sure contractors' terms are fulfilled and disputes are resolved.
- Support the logistic manager and the procurement manager to make sure that products arrive on time and are purchased at lowest possible cost.
- Supervise workers, managers, and subcontractors to ensure their work follows plans and is on schedule.
- Study and understand the budget and scope related to his package.
- Analyze the drawings related to the HV package from Engineering and subcontractors.
- Provide technical support and advice to procurement and contract team for the subcontract agreement of this package of works.
- Attend to the Internal Coordination Meeting to contribute to the success of the Project.
- Provide feedback regarding the performance of his supervisors.
- Oversee and supervise field personnel and subcontractors; managing and supervising Production and Quality of Subcontractors and self-performance´s workforce, making sure they comply with scheduled works and contract´s requirements
- Be accountable for site-related action;
- Ensure the necessary materials and plant equipment are available on site to meet installation dates, whether it is self-performing or subcontracting the activities.
- Ensure all work is completed in line with the project schedule;
- Ensure that relevant HSE, Quality and contractual requirements are applied and adhered to
- Allocate and coordinate jobs to your workgroup;
- Develop and effectively communicate the Project Plan and schedule to workgroups;
- Ensure that the required materials and equipment are available on site to meet installation dates;
- Ensure the quality of work meets the required standards and conduct work audits on job completion;
- Ensure the delivery of the job within time and cost targets by effective supervision;
- Resolve any site issues, with direct interface with the client, through coordination meetings or discussions;
- Promote leadership and teamwork within the workgroups;
- Manage and monitor the implementation of all health, safety and environmental management obligations and systems at the site;
- Manage the electrical works;
- Prepare weekly installation reports and issues/risks;
- Ensure works are delivers as per contract agreements;
- Effectively communicate any issues to the relevant parties;
- Preparation of the daily report with all the machinery, manpower, staff and performance reached in the day;
- Collaborate closely with the Procurement Manager in the closure of the subcontract agreement related to the substation (engineering, procurement and construction) including any interconnection line;
- Check that all the materials and equipment are in compliance with the normative and with the requirement of the operator of the net.
- Meet all the targets set initially in the project (cost, quality and time) for their scope of works;
- Supervising along with the QA/Qc manager all the documentation required prior the energization of the solar farm;
- Coordinate with the Commissioning Manager and QA/QC Manager all the tests requested by the operator in order to get all the certificates to legalize the solar farm.
- Experience in construction of Solar Farms or substations.
- 8+ years’ experience in on site project construction within the relevant industries as an electrical Superintendent or site Supervisor.
- Uncompromising focus on safety. Safety certification may be required.
- Proven leadership abilities with strong focus on team-building and performance management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels;
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy;
- Understanding of contracts, schedules, documentation management and financial administration
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and interfaces and prioritize accordingly;
- Knowledge and experience in the development and implementation of Project & Site Office systems;
- Licensed Tradesman in an Electrical trade is preferred.
- Experience in coordinating a team of up to 100 members. Strong supervisory experience is a requirement, as they must manage a team of workers and meet goals independently of the other aspects of construction and with minimal oversight
- Experience in managing subcontractors across a range of discipline
- Competitive annual salary
- 12 month contract
- Interesting renewable project
- Beautiful regional location
- Potential for another 12 month contract