Job DescriptionGood Day!
NES Global Talent is excited to announce that our office has an incredible virtual job opportunity with one of the country’s largest chemical distribution organizations out of their New Johnsonville, TN location for a Instrument and Electrical Designer. This individual would be employed on a contract basis and be responsible for providing instrument and control system design bid work for capital projects at New Johnsonville, Tennessee. The candidate will work with internal resources to progress a project from early concept up through detailed design. If this sounds like a great opportunity for yourself or someone you know, please reach out to Tom Rebellato at (312)241-5175 or email@example.com. Additional job details can be found below.
Location: The position will be virtual work from home but will be reporting in to the New Johnsonville, TN office.
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM—Some OT may be required.
Pay Range: $45-$55/hr. depending on experience.
Duration: Contract will start ASAP and last 5 months with a possibility for contract extensions based on capital project needs.
- Design safe, operable, reliable, economical, and environmentally sound electrical and instrumentation control capital projects.
- Manage and organize multiple capital projects at one time.
- Ensure that design packages and installations comply with applicable codes, regulations, client regulations and industry standards and specifications, and best practices for chemical process plant design.
- Ensure that technical content and quality of designs and installation meet requirements of project scopes. The designs must be complete and have the required quality in order to minimize field change orders.
- Exhibit I&C / electrical knowledge while preparing design bid packages.
- Provide proactive instrument and control system design bid package input to NJV projects.
- Develop solid conceptual and front-end engineering designs for instrument and control system requirements on capital projects that will be outsourced for detailed design.
- Work with other design and drafting teammates to develop and maintain design packages and solutions that are within the scope of the capital project and are accurate, workable, economical, and in compliance with all pertinent standards, specifications, codes, and regulations.
- Create and maintain specific discipline design requirements documentation such as instrument index, cable schedule, installation details, location drawings, rack room drawings, area classification drawings, scope of work, wiring diagrams, loop drawings, spec sheets, load list, MCC drawings, one line diagrams, lighting panels, grounding drawings, etc.
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in E&I design.
- Must have previous experience working in the chemical and/or manufacturing sector.
- Must have prior experience with performing instrument and control system design on projects.
- Previous experience doing E&I design for EPC firms would be a big plus.
- Knowledge of Auto CAD would be a big plus.