Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is currently looking for Instrument/Electrical technician for a 6 month contract based out of Grangemouth. Our client is looking for someone who has experience working within a chemical environment, and comes from an instrumentation or electrical core trade background. The role is significantly stand-alone with little direct intervention from supervisory roles so the client requires an individual who can take on the ownership for co-ordination and delivery of the whole task, while driving results from those that are involved in its delivery.
- Deliver reactive maintenance support across all engineering disciplines to meet production demands, through fault finding and diagnosis of failure.
- Deliver planned routine preventative maintenance (RPM) activities to improve plant availability through structured monitoring, asset care, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Identify plant equipment reliability issues, analyse SAP and production data in order to understand improvement options, implement solutions and carry out reviews usually within core trade.
- Undertake activities in compliance with site, company and regulatory requirements
- Carry out an engineering risk assessment (ERA) for each task performed, ensuring that all those involved in the task understand ERA and that they work within the ERA limits
- Effective and timely response to equipment failures. Fault diagnosis and initiating and implementing solutions to meet production demands
- Maintain plant availability and standards by carrying out planned engineering work such as equipment servicing, structured monitoring, vibration analysis and asset care etc.
- Improve plant availability by identifying equipment reliability issues, determining and implementing appropriate improvement opportunities and reviewing the outcome
- Carry out enabling activities required to deliver the engineering task. This can involve materials procurement, contractor co-ordination, working with production to agree a suitable outage to deliver the task.
- Take responsibility for development of own skills and competencies in own core trade and ensure a good working knowledge of engineering equipment across the site.
- To work flexibly to support production demands or to deliver shutdown requirements e.g. short notice, extended working days.