Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an IT TCOM Technician for a contract role in Fort McMurray on a 14 on/14 off rotation.
- Provides support for Cisco LAN/WAN tele-communications systems in both large and small production offices and field locations.
- Maintains and installs network and phone cabling.
- Maintains and installs IP phones and Cisco Network Equipment.
- Programs and deploys Cisco WAN/LAN routers, switches and wireless controllers.
- Provides after-hours (call-out) support of critical infrastructure.
- Analyzes and solves problems with network applications.
- Analyzes problems in field wireless radios and associated equipment for repair or replacement.
- Implements and supports various hardware systems required by the business unit.
- Interacts with multiple IT operations personnel at central locations.
- Manages small to medium projects for the region.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Senior level, typically 7+ years of experience.
- Provides more technical support than administrative support.
- Typically viewed as a technical/functional specialist in discipline.
- Ability to apply extensive knowledge and experience to a wide variety of situations.
- Recommends solutions to complex problems.
- Performs major accountabilities.
- Typically acts as a lead in the technical/functional area, coordinating the work of others, but is not a supervisor.