Job DescriptionNES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base within the oil & gas Industry. Our client, a large Oil and Gas operator, is currently seeking an IT TCOM Technician for a contract role in Fort McMurray on a 14 on/14 off rotation.
Accountabilities and End Results:
- Support the execution of upgrade projects as required
- Radio system life cycle maintenance support
- First line of response to troubleshoot faults in the voice radio system
- Project support for system implementation
- Inventory of equipment and life cycle management
- System maintenance, repair and troubleshooting
The position is part of the TCOM team responsible for the support of site-specific radio systems. Responsible for completing and adhering to all processes and procedures and all documentation/tools knowledge regarding the operations. Key functions are:
- Promote, support and adhere to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) management system.
- Ensure HSE issues are given priority consideration by complying with all corporate and operating procedures to align with corporate safety standards and expectations.
- Maintains safe work environment by following codes, standards, legal and company regulations.
- System maintenance, break-fix response and support projects execution
- Equipment selection, installation, commissioning and ongoing preventative maintenance
- Fault finding programs including, but not limited to, conventional, analogue and digital Motorola trunked two-way radio systems (Connect plus and Capacity Max), GE MDS Scada systems, pagers transmitters and receivers
- Radio Tower loading and design support
- Support engineering in providing recommendations as required for the radio tower lighting, painting, earthing/bonding, maintenance and code relating to lightning protection methodologies
- Assisting with the installing of point-to-point and point to multipoint licensed & unlicensed microwave, UHF & VHF links, satellite terminals and bi-directional amplifiers
- Utilize networking tools analyze troubleshooting or assessment results: Spectrum and network analyzer -Agilent N9914A, RF power meter, reflectometer (VSWR/RL), signal generators, radio test sets, ground impedance test sets, LAN/WAN testers
- Completion of a Degree, Diploma or equivalent in Telecommunications engineering or Management Information system or Electronic Engineering
- Current First Aid training and H2S Alive accreditations
- Theoretically schooled and practicably experienced in equipment certification (CSA), intrinsic safety methodology and deployment
- 5+ years of related industry experience, preferably in Oil Sands, refinery or industrial plant experience in an IT or Telecommunications role
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial safe work practices and standards
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Team player requiring minimal supervision, with ability to draw on the expertise and knowledge of the team to deliver the best solutions
- Ability to adapt to, and adopt new techniques and technologies
- Effective communicator, with excellent written, oral and presentation skills.