Location: Kings Mountain, NC
Pay Rate: $20 - $23 / Hour
This is a position in the QC Laboratory department.
The Technician at this level works in a team effort to complete laboratory assignments and designated projects.
- Due to the nature of the operation the QC Lab contains many high-risk tasks requiring special safety considerations, PPE and training.
- Assist in the promotion of safe work practices among all department employees.
- Commitment to company and department safety policies shall be demonstrated through leading by example.
- Correct unsafe conditions when found. E.g., trip hazards, spills, etc.
- Take immediate action to report other unsafe conditions to expedite corrective action.
- Meet requirements for established safety goals and objectives.
- Be knowledgeable of environmental requirements.
- Take immediate action to remedy any condition which would be in violation of local permit constrains, action taken is dependent upon level of training.
- Possess a good understanding of ISO requirements as related to the QC Lab department.
- Have the ability to respond appropriately during internal and external quality audits.
- Possess a fundamental knowledge of the various products and specifications. Maintain accurate records of laboratory work production to ensure compliance with ISO, FDA and state and federal regulatory agencies
B.S. degree in Chemistry or Biology
1-5 years of experience
Wet Chemistry experience
GC, HPLC, ICP experience