Job DescriptionLead Control Systems Engineer- South-East- Permanent
NES are partnering with a cutting-edge, technology led business, who are developing proprietary technologies to uniquely harness liquid air, to deliver zero emissions power and cooling.
Among numerous potential applications, the business are developing sustainable and efficient transport refrigeration, for which they are looking to grow their technical engineering department.
Among those hires include a Lead Control Systems Engineer, to take technical responsibility and leadership for the control system development function.
Here, you will work in a team to design and develop control systems for the complex and technically advanced hardware and software systems. You will have responsibility for execution of work packages and tasks within the company’s main projects, relating to the design, development, prototyping and testing of all products and technology.
As such, it’s expected you will be a degree qualified engineer, with significant experience of control systems design, with sound practical knowledge of product development cycles, control system modelling, analysis and design, using MATLAB, Simulink and CAN tools.
Additionally, experience gained in engine, vehicle, renewables or power generation control systems, would be advantageous, especially in dynamic modelling and simulation for heat transfer.
In return, on offer is a competitive salary and benefits package, with the opportunity to work for an exciting business, with innovative, sustainable solutions being developed, to play a key part in reducing our carbon footprint.
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering subject (electrical, mechatronic or systems) either at graduate, postgraduate or HND/HNC level
- Expert in control systems design and development
- Sound knowledge of control system modelling and design using MATLAB, Simulink, CAN tools (one of Peak CAN, CANalyser, etc), programming and scripting languages, e.g. C/C++, Python
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience with CAN bus system design, development and testing
- Practical knowledge of sensors, actuators and interfaces