A leading oil and gas operating client is currently looking for a Principal Heavy Lift & Transportation Specialist. The role will be based in the contractor office and is working on a leading Caspian project.
Primary focus for the role is to provide discipline input Heavy lifting and transportation of large modular equipment. You will be a member of the Logistics Technical Group, consisting of a Group Manager supported by three Naval Architects and two Heavy Lift & Transport Specialists
- Provide Heavy Transport expertise to project internal stakeholders with regards to transportation plans.
- Review and comment on transportation contractor’s execution plans and engineering manuals including Land transportation manuals & Load-out / -in manuals and temporary storage manuals
- Assist in ensuring contractor compliance with contractual work scopes, project requirements, HES requirements and industry best practices
- Participate in project execution risk and operational reviews and participate in mitigation planning as requested.
- Experience running and analysing Kamag SPMT and SPT hydraulic modular trailer design and operational capabilities.
- Mechanical / Civil Engineering Degree (HNC or above)
- Strong Transportation engineering background proved experience performing stability and capacity analysis for the transportation of large modular structures on hydraulic platform trailers.
- Experience in managing Transport Contractors and interfacing with their in-house engineers.
- Experience in large scale EPC projects and interfacing with other project disciplines.
- Must be willing to travel and have right of residency and able to work in the UK
- Working for a international operator
- Oil and Gas mega project
- Ongoing contract 2 years +