Job DescriptionLead Mechanical (Design) Engineer - Contract - Rate Negotiable - South East
My client is a Global OEM within the Automotive, Marine and Oil & Gas Industries, currently looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to support the design and development of various engines, with the flexibility of being based from their Essex site. The successful engineer will have a strong background in designing heavy mechanical components and electro-mechanical exposure
- Lead mechanical engineering and design team to review respond and comment and approve mechanical design clarification, datasheets, calculations, drawings, specification and other design documentation
- Support the engineering manager in all project mechanical activities.
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of the mechanical package.
- Lead the mechanical designs, calculations and mechanical related interfaces between customer and supplier
- Ensuring all engineers, contractors and consultant mechanical engineering work are implemented and completed in accordance with scope, schedule and contract requirements.
- Knowledge of Engine, Turbomachinery or Compressors
- Design experience of various engine components and other engine systems.
- Competent at creating designs using Autodesk Inventor
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Ability to conduct DFMEA on components and systems to identify and address risks
- Computer Aided Design (2D)
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in rotating equipment (Engines, and/or gas turbines)
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or be able to demonstrate sufficient experience to become chartered.
- Engine emissions control & regulations