A leading oil and gas operating client is currently looking for a Lead Piping Engineer working in one of the fabrication yards.
The Fabrication Engineering Lead Piping Engineer reports to the Fabrication Piping/Mechanical Lead and leads a team of approximately 15 piping engineers and designers based in Okpo and Shinhan yards.
- Organize and control the Piping Team’s activities to achieve project needs
- Understand the requirements of the Fabrication Contract as it applies to the Piping Fabrication Scope of Works and ensures Piping Team members are familiar with aspects relevant to their work.
- Review design changes submitted by Home Office design team against fabrication planning
- Review Field Change Notice proposals submitted by the Contractor
- Review and assess Line List testing parameters for compliance to ASME B31.3 and NFPA and address differences with Design office
- Proven fabrication yard experience as a Senior / Lead Piping Engineer
- Proficient understanding of the application of Design Code ASME B31.3 with respect to piping design, fabrication and testing, and other piping industry standards
- Experience working with Naviswork & Aveva Marine
- Experience managing teams of 15-30 engineers and designer.
- Working for a international operator
- Oil and Gas mega project
- Ongoing contract 2 years +