Lead Piping Engineer
Work Location: Dhahran, KSA
The candidate must be able to demonstrate significant expertise in the on-site supervision of a piping team and be able to collaborate with other departments such as Rig & Ship building and communicate results and concerns to the higher management of project progress, and deliverables . To work under pressure and drive a team to completion against aggressive timelines and work scopes.
- ITI Draughtsmanship or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Discipline
- 12 + years in Rig or Ship building industry using AVEVA 3D modelling software in Engineering.
- Conversant with International Codes and Standards, Marine regulations and Classification rules.
- Experience in AutoCA
- Design experience in pipe layouts and routing.
- Experience in 3D design tools like AVEVA.
- Demonstrated high order interpersonal skills and ability to operate within a multinational environment.
- Develop designs such as Plot plans, Equipment layouts, piping plans, 3D Model with overall assistance of Senior / Lead Engineer.
Develop 2D drawings in AutoCAD.
- Develop P&IDs.
- Activity and deliverable planning, scheduling and monitoring along with Senior / Lead Engineer.
- Involve in Bid Engineering i.e. bid estimation for man hours and materials.
- Distribution, monitoring and checking of the work of assigned team.
- Reviews for overall completeness, general safety, access and egress, materials handling, maintenance and operability etc.
- Perform inter-disciplinary checks.
- Ensure schedule compliance of Design deliverables i.e. drawings, isometrics, MTO support details etc.
- Input to Material Requisition, allocation and reconciliation of materials.
- Review and comment on vendor drawings.
- Perform site survey as necessary.
- Assist lead engineer in performance assessments of designers & establishing training needs.
- Ensure compliance to project specifications and company procedures.
- Ensure Compliance to HSES policies and procedures and all applicable information security policies & procedures.