Job DescriptionMaintenance Engineer (CNC) - NEGOTIOBLE RATE – NORTHERN IRELAND
My client are a global supplier of machined components, sub-assemblies and logistics to the aerospace and defence industry.
Your main responsibility will be to undertake preventative and reactive maintenance. In addition, you will be competent to carry out projects and machine installations as required in a machine tool environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out fault finding diagnostics and provide a fixed solution.
- Read and understand electrical/mechanical drawings.
- Purchase electrical/mechanical spares in line with the maintenance department procedures and approval of the Maintenance Team Leader.
- Plan work load and keep Maintenance Team Leader informed.
- Responsible for safe and good working practices.
- Manage own designated area using 6s working practices.
- Carry out all instructions provided
- Meet maintenance targets
- To react to machine breakdown
- Problem solve causes of breakdowns
- Responsible for carrying out the preventative and routine maintenance
- Minimum of 3 years working within a Machine tool environment
- A High standard of knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering working practices.
- Knowledge of CNC control systems Fanuc, Heidenhein and Siemens.
- Demonstrated experience of setting up and managing preventative maintenance systems and TPM.
- A logical and analytical approach to fault finding with solutions.
- Time served recognised engineering background minimum of City and Guilds, ONC, HNC, NVQ in electrical/mechanical engineering.
- Understanding of pneumatics
- Demonstrable experience of contractors and service providers
- 17th Edition Electrical not essential but may be required to gain this accreditation in the future.