Job DescriptionOur client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Materials Coordinator for a 6 month contract in Prince George, BC.
The duties of the Material Coordinator should be to receive, check, maintain, and account for all material used in assigned construction projects. The scope of material involved in this position is primarily compressor station commissioning parts and subsequent critical operating spares.
The primary responsibilities of the Material Coordinator shall include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain required record keeping system for materials, manufacturers
- Equipment data, and general correspondence for assigned construction projects.
- Check all materials received from the Stores Department and vendors for correctness and condition of materials. Maintain the necessary records for these materials to be utilized for construction of pipeline and station projects.
- Deliver or ship materials to the construction site and assist in the unloading of materials received from the vendors and Stores Department.
- Assure that all material received is stored in a safe and non-damaging manner and shelter is provided where necessary.
- Maintain schedules of anticipated material deliveries from Stores and Purchasing Departments and various vendors and keeps the Construction Office and other interested parties informed.
- Procure materials not originally ordered from Company warehouse and various suppliers.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for unused materials at the completion of projects.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for retired materials as specified in the Environmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collect required reporting information necessary to prepare Company completion reports which are inventories of property units installed or retired.
- Investigate discrepancies reported by the Controller’s Department on the difference report.
- Fundamental understanding of:
- Project lifecycles
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Visio, and SharePoint
- Data analysis
- Basic smart phone operations (email, Internet, and text)
experience with scope of material
• skills or duties around operation of warehouse / materials handling equipment, cranes, transport loading etc. and other hands-on tasks in operating a warehouse.
• applicants would have to understand that this is also a physical job requiring a strong independent work ethic
• command of materials nomenclature is an asset.
o Safe operation of lift truck.
o Safe use of material handling equipment.
o Introductory knowledge of gas pipeline construction and be able to complete assigned work under limited supervision.
o Should have a pick-up truck.