Job DescriptionLooking for a Mechanical Completion Specialist who reports to Construction or Commissioning Manager. The location is in Oman.
To ensure smooth mechanical completion of project system turnover packages during the EPC execution. The initial focus of the role will be to approve the EPC contractors MC Manual followed by close coordination of all mechanical completion activities to meet TOP schedule for commissioning. Qualified candidates should possess a minimum of 6 years’ experience in similar role, ideally in CCGT power plant or desalination projects.
- Ensure that Company HSE policies and procedures are adhered to in all phases of the work.
- General HSE follow-up and monitoring.
- Provide guidance and leadership on all matters relating to Mechanical completion.
- Assist projects in planning and development of Systems Completion Plans.
- Participate in the process to approve Contractors Completion Management System (CMS), to be used as a tool to plan and report status on mechanical completion, preservation and Pre commissioning.
- Ensure, evaluate and confirm that the Completion Management System (CMS) is used for status tracking, certification and quality purposes as outlined in the MC Manual.
- Work closely with Site engineering and construction team to ensure their understanding of completions requirements provide seamless transition from engineering through construction and handover to commissioning.
- Monitoring and guiding EPC contractor's Mechanical Completion organizations with respect to: Mechanical Completion planning and execution procedures, processes, and deliverables, Development of Mechanical Completion management procedures, Functional and section checks, Work permits (PTW), Handover to Commissioning (MCC) ),Factory Acceptance Testing (FATs) plans and schedules, Preparation of Mechanical completion packages, Mechanical completion activities, Complete special studies, projects and assignments as needed.
- Regular quality check on contractors engineering data registers by checking IFC drawings against engineering data transferred into CMS.
- Monitor and ensure completions requirements are included and completed in all relevant procurement packages.
- Monitor and report status on mechanical completion activities by Contractors.
- Plan and coordinate Client involvement in Mechanical Completion activities.
- Ensure that Mechanical Completion is completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide input to weekly as well as monthly reports as required by the project
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience of mechanical completion activities on Power/Water or O&G projects
- In depth knowledge Project Completion Systems (CMS, PCS)
- Knowledge of Mechanical Completion tools
- Knowledge of MC Documentation control and distribution
- Strong technical writing and reporting skills
- Knowledge of international codes & standards
- A good knowledge of EPC project execution, handover and management practices.
- Strong Coordination and Leadership skills
- Hands on and Pro active disposition
- Good relationship and communication skills.