An established manufacturer of testing & inspection equipment are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their growing design team in Buckingham.
The successful Design Engineer will have experience in designing new products, updating and altering existing designs and able to use a variety of software.
- To work as part of an effective design team in designing new products in line with organisations targets and objectives
- Design and develop a range of equipment from simple mechanical fixtures to full size machinery
- Use CAD to develop drawings – considering electrical / mechanical / pneumatic hydraulic layouts
- Perform Finite Element Analysis on critical and sub-assembly parts
- Perform FMEA and SRA on applicable machinery and parts
- Ideally qualified to Degree level in an Engineering / Technical subject
- Be confident in using AutoCAD & Solidworks 3D
- Able to read technical engineering drawings- mechanical / electrical / design etc.
- Be confident in delivering information to multiple stakeholders
- Experience in FMEA and SRA analysis
- DfM experience
- Experience in testing equipment
- £36k - £40k
- Extra benefits
Mechanical Design, electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, AutoCAD, Solidworks, 2D, 3D, FMEA, SRA, FEA, Finite Element Analysis, DOE, design for manufacture, drawings, modify
Location – Buckingham