Job DescriptionMechanical Engineer
Location: La Porte, TX
Duration: Long-term contract assignment
Start Date: March 2018
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assist the lead mechanical engineer in assuring that the design of rotating equipment is in accordance with good engineering practices, applicable industry codes/standards and consistent with the company’s business needs.
- Demonstrate strong personal initiative, sound planning and problem-solving capability, and effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years’ experience with design and/or operation of refining, petrochemical, or chemical processing facilities and at least 5 years dedicated specifically to machinery.
- Working level understanding of machinery design and maintenance along with a firm working knowledge of machinery-related industry standards (e.g. API, ANSI, ISO) as they apply to design, analysis, re-rating, and alteration of machinery.
- Experienced in authoring technical specifications, procedures, and other technical documents.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal/external customers.
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written communication).
- Work experience at a refining, petrochemical, or chemical facility is a plus.
- PE Certification a plus.