My client is a Global OEM within the Automotive, Marine and Oil & Gas Industries, currently looking for a Mechanical Engineer to support the design and development of various engines, with the flexibility of being based from either one of their North West or Essex sites.
The successful engineer will have a strong background in designing heavy mechanical components and electro-mechanical exposure.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team to design and develop components and systems that meet agreed functional specifications.
- To design, develop and verify products in line with the business needs and to ensure that they are technically advanced and of the highest quality.
- To consider the implications of meeting technical legislations when desgning a product.
- Knowledge of Engine, Turbomachinery or Compressor Design
- Competent at creating designs using Autodesk Inventor
- Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Ability to conduct DFMEA on components and systems to identify and address risks
- Computer Aided Design (2D)
- Design Experience of various engine components and other engine systems.
- Engine emissions control & regulations