LOCATION: Baton Rouge, LA
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client a grass-root plant is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer – Fixed Equipment on a direct hire basis in Baton Rouge, LA.
- Responsible for the mechanical design & reliability of the new grassroots chemical manufacturing facility.
- Responsible for mechanical design assessment and validation of recommended and specified fixed equipment for the facility, review of fixed equipment construction and installation procedures and participate in the successful start-up and operation of a new world scale facility.
- Recommend appropriate and required personnel and process safety procedures, risk control designs & operation programs.
- Review all specified material of construction of piping and vessels for sufficiency in its required process service. Develop comments and alternatives recommendations for more appropriate MOC.
- Engage, interact and work with EPC firms (i.e. engineering, procurement & construction) and specialty consultants in designing, constructing and operation of the new facility.
- Provide creative and innovative ideas and/or recommendations in the design, construction leading up to start-up & operations
- Responsible to design, organize and execute successful rotating equipment commissioning and start-up plans, which includes specialized procedures for properly pacification & corrosion protection for specialized fixed equipment.
- Must successfully act and foster successful team outcomes (i.e “be a team player).
- Responsible to design, develop and execute training programs as it relates to Technician’s safe minor and major maintenance procedures to ensure safe, correct installations, operation and repairs.
- Develop and submit routine activity and/or project reports as specified by the Project Manager
- Responsible for investigating fixed equipment failures using root cause and other investigating techniques
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 5 years working experience as a fixed equipment engineer in a chemical industry.
- Possesses 2-4 yrs experience working in with chlor-alkali, isocyantes, or other hazardous material.
- Proven experience with designing and implementing PSM mechanical integrity programs, risk based inspection systems, along with predictive, preventative programs and Mechanical Integrity Risk Assessments (MIRA).