Duration: Long-term contract assignment
Start Date: March 2018
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Discipline engineering lead: manage technical team for the discipline, provides expertise in defining technical requirements and complete design.
- Monitors the proper operation of mechanical equipment.
- Ensures proper maintenance to maximize reliability.
- Oversees the installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Prepares designs, specifications and technical documentation for mechanical engineering projects.
- Designs mechanical equipment by interpreting process design.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers and contractors.
- Performs the evaluation and inspection of mechanical engineering projects to ensure that standards and requirements are met.
- Reviews vendor design and documentation.
- Tests the functionality of mechanical equipment.
- Works with engineering support and equipment providers to address equipment shortfalls; recommends modifications.
- Performs engineering duties; develops, designs, and tests mechanical devices.
- Writes technical reports, handbooks, and bulletins for use by staff or customers.
- Estimates time and cost to complete projects.
- Researches designs and makes recommendations based on appearance, safety, budget, and function.
Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5-9 years of experience in the design of chemical plants and refineries, including furnaces, gas turbines, steam turbine design and thermal and combined cycle power plant system design.
- BS Degree
- P. E License.
Note: The above major outgoing responsibilities describe only the essential job functions and are not intended to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. All job functions must be performed in accordance with Client Corporate policies and procedures.