LOCATION: Memphis, TN
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer – Rotating Equipment on a direct hire basis in Memphis, TN.
- Executes job requests according to set priorities.
- Reports on general purpose equipment repairs.
- Analyzes vibration spectra and trends, and issues Machine Action Reports if any corrective measure is required.
- Records all data (memos, close-out reports, recommendations) in the REL-ROT file system.
- Analyzes and documents the cause of rotating equipment failures.
- Performs Failure and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Develops and implements proactive, predictive and preventative maintenance processes.
- Provides technical rotating equipment support with solid recommendations to the customer, which includes but is not limited to Operations, Maintenance, Process, Projects and Turnaround department.
- Provides daily rotating equipment support to assigned operations units.
- Serves as the pump and seal program steward, producing key measures and bench marks.
- Issues monthly reports and audits.
- Provides new equipment and replacement project packages.
- Provides maintenance and capital rotating equipment budget input.
- Coordinates and provides technical support and recommendations for rotating equipment repairs, in-house and outside.
- Remains aware of new rotating equipment technology for potential applications.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 7-10 years of related mechanical engineering experience required.
- Minimum one year of refinery experience preferred.
- Experience with API 610 and 686 standards preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting, performing root cause failure analysis and experience on centrifugal pumps and API seal plan arrangements preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting, performing root cause failure analysis and experience on centrifugal and reciprocating compressors preferred.
- Experience with vibration monitoring and analysis preferred.
- Experience with gear boxes and rotating couplings preferred.
- Experience with SAP and PI preferred.
- Experience with developing and providing complete MOC packages preferred.
- Experience with tracking pumps’ MTBR using SAP and Excel programs preferred.
- Experience with centrifugal pump seal retrofits from the engineering concept to the actual execution completion preferred.
- Experience with John Crane seal products preferred.