£32,000 - £36,000 + Massive overtime potential + Out of hours call out earnings (1 in 3 weekends) – Stability with a large organisation.
An established and growing Manufacturing company is looking to increase its capabilities and processes by adding a Mechanical Fitter to their team. The ideal candidate will be a self-sufficient, responsible Mechanical Fitter who has had experience in a similar role.
Are you a Mechanical Fitter/ Fitter / Senior Fitter who is looking for stability, progression & the perfect work/life balance?
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Fitter
- Assisting electrical and production departments when required
- Operate mobile plant equipment
- Fault find and repair mechanical issues on plant equipment
- Update all areas of knowledge as required to carry all jobs with maximum effectiveness and attend training/development courses when required.
- Out of hours breakdown cover on a callout rota arranged with management team
- Health & Safety to others and yourself
- Ensuring safe and efficient use of all resources
- Ensuring all maintenance is carried out accurately and recorded for reference purposes
- Assisting with the development and improvement of the existing plant & equipment
- Making sure isolations and procedures are carried out accurately
- Correct storage and distribution of oils, Lubricants & gases
- Identifying unacceptable spillages within the plants and taking necessary remedial action
- Working Knowledge of health & safety, environmental and quality requirements
- Electrical and Mechanical Isolation procedures
- Ability to operate without supervision
- Control system fault knowledge
- Industry experience working in cement, mining, steel or heavy industry
- Apprentice – time served ( Mechanical qualification)
- Excellent Communication ( Written and Verbal )
- £32,000 - £36,000
- Extra benefits
- Responsibility within a large company