LOCATION: Houston, TX
NES Global Talent is a leading global technical recruitment company providing professional contract and permanent staff to a diverse world-wide client base. Our client a downstream operator is looking to hire a Mechanical Integrity Engineer on a direct hire basis in Houston, TX
- Supporting team, integrate management systems supporting Mechanical Integrity for Fixed Equipment, Relief Systems and Rotating equipment.
- Supporting various sites in the definition, implementation and sustainability of risk management initiatives identified to deliver continuous improvement and/or compliance with industry/regulatory changes associated with MI.
- Supporting audits and insurance surveys in relation to MI programs for Fixed Equipment, Relief Systems and Rotating equipment.
- Responsible for tracking, reporting and identifying MI trends on equipment.
- Supporting maintenance of Relief Systems, Flare Systems and venting systems to keep related equipment in evergreen status.
- Responsible for quality control checks/audits of work and deliverables for timeliness, accuracy, and adherence to the MI procedures.
- These audits include maintenance records and 3rd party vendors involved in the design or testing of relief devices.
- Work collaboratively with both sites and other functional groups in the organization.
- Possess a strong commitment to safety and take an active role in plant safety activities.
- Work with vendors concerning equipment issues, technology issues, failure problems, and quotes on equipment used in some projects.
- Serve as an active member on the Reliability Leadership Team.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering field required.
- Demonstrated ability in the practical application of the requirements of 29CFR 1910.119 regulations, ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, ASME B31 series Piping Codes, API 579, ANSI/NB-23 National Board Inspection Code and 49 CFR (DOT Code)
- Working knowledge of API 510, 570, 572, 574, 576, 580 and 581 codes or recommended practices
- Must have ability to perform: (1) calculations (2) safety/risk/fitness for service assessments for Fixed Equipment, Relief System and Rotational equipment