We are currently seeking a Mechanical QA Inspector on behalf of an international operator. This role represents a chance to be part of a major LNG project within Western Australia.
- Quality oversight to ensure compliance with project specified requirements for contractors.
- Monitoring contractors welding and their welding processes, including review of WPS & Welder Qualification
- Review and sign-off welding and mechanical MDR documentation on behalf of the client (ITPs, FICs and ITRs etc.).
- Interface with third party implementation and quality contractors
- Support the implementation of quality management processes and procedures.
- Provision of quality technical support to site as required.
- Maintain routine surveillance and monitoring of structural and pipe welding activities.
- Promote safety awareness and safe performance example at site.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10-15 years’ quality experience oil and gas construction projects
- Certification; CSWIP 3.2// WTIA AS 1796 certificate No 10 / WTIA AS 2214, Diploma in Welding.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, standards i.e. AS (2885,1210 & 4343) API, ASME, AWS.
- Good understanding of QA/QC requirements for final documentation on O&G related construction projects.
- Welding technical support to site as required.
- Confined Space Entry
- Working Safely at Heights