Job DescriptionMy client, one of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies is recruiting a Medical Affairs Advisor to work a 12 month contract at their site in Surrey
Medical Advisor/Manager supporting the UK Rare Disease Medical Affairs team. The successful candidate's primary responsibilities will be for the preparation for the launch of a breakthrough medicine in a rare cardiomyopathy indication. This hybrid role will require a significant proportion of time spend in the field to further understand the current UK landscape of a complex and poorly understood disease. The role will also involve management of head office responsibilities and supporting the RD medical affairs strategy planning and execution.
Depending on the candidate, there may also be the opportunity to prepare for pipeline/ future gene therapy assets.
To provide medical & scientific support to health care professionals and professional bodies through scientific communications and support for clinical research to facilitate a medical and scientific bridge between our client and the health care community. To provide specialist medical, scientific and Code compliance advice to the nominated internal team(s) to support the appropriate use of their medicines and successful implementation of their initiatives and programs.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Fluency in Business English
• Medical, Pharmacy or Science degree
• For medical applicants GMC registration with a Licence to Practice is preferred. Doctors registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
• For pharmacy applicants UK registration is preferred. Pharmacists registered outside the UK may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or have worked in the UK National Health Service
• For scientists a post graduate science degree (eg PhD, MSc) is preferred. Scientists without a post graduate degree may be considered, for example if they have significant pharmaceutical industry experience and/or significant experience within a related speciality (eg clinical research, medicines regulation, health technology assessment)
• A working knowledge of the ABPI Code of Practice and final signatory experience is preferred but not essential
• Capability to use digital technology provided by the organisation
• Confident and competent with digital compliance requirements
• Experience in using a range of digital platforms
• Basic understanding of core digital metrics used by the organisation
• Awareness and integration of digital channels to meet our customer needs
Immediate start date, please get in touch with me direct if you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity