Job DescriptionMedical Information and Patient Safety Advisor
I am currently recruiting a medical information & patient safety advisor for a global pharmaceutical company based in Bedfordshire.
You will focus on providing comprehensive technical scientific information on a diverse product ranges including pharmaceutical, vaccines and consumer care products. The information you provide will enable the patient and medical staff to enhance the effectiveness of the products, whilst ensuring the highes possible standard of safe use minimusing side effects and preventing adverse drug reactions.
- Provide a first line technical and scientific information service to external customers in line with company and industry standards.
- Liaise with the European Medical Information Advisers or Medical Affairs Scientists on enquiries requiring specialist support.
- Responsible for handling all enquiries, in particular adverse event reports and pregnancy reports, in line with local and global procedures and systems.
- Responsible for the management of Product Quality complaints in line with local and global procedures and systems and highlight major quality incidents to the Head of Regulatory Affairs and Medical Information & Patient Safety Manager.
- Ensure Medical Information activities are in line and comply with the ABPI Code of Practice.
- Provide a comprehensive information service to external health care professionals and patients on the safety of company products.
- Receive details of spontaneous adverse events via telephone, letter or e-mail.
- Report details to the central case processing group within defined time frames and ensure appropriate levels of follow-up with reporters to fulfil all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure all appropriate reports are distributed to regulatory authorities, Ethics Committees and investigators within regulated timeframes.
- Provide pharmacovigilance expertise to Patient Risk Management planning cross-functional teams with input to formulation, implementation, maintenance and tracking of local PRMPs.
- Undertake appropriate activities to train personnel on obligations with regards to AE reporting.
- As appropriate take part in audits and inspections as required.
- Ensure any drug safety activities are in line and comply with the ABPI Code of Practice.
The successful candidate :
Will ideally be a degree qualified scientist with a strong back ground in Biochemistry, Biomedicine, chemistry, pharmacology or related discipline.
It is also the utmost priority the successful candidate has excellent communication skills, in order to ensure the information is conveyed correctly.
This position will offers a good remuneration package with excellent career progression at one of the world’s most prestigious pharmaceutical companies.
If interested please apply online or for more information please call Paul on 0161 942 4035